RE: Available security information section clarification

> From: Thomas Roessler [mailto:tlr@w3.org]
> Coming back to the "has page complete rendering" piece of
> context, I wonder if there is a security-related motivation
> for looking at it that is different from the issues that you
> get when content can be presented in multiple ways, possibly
> by way of multiple modalities.
>
> If there is no such motivation, then I'd respectfully suggest
> we drop it.

I think there is a semantic difference between the user agent applying a
set of user-specific stylesheets and the user agent inventing its own
page style based of failure to fetch specified stylesheets. The latter
scenario is a plausible attack vector for phishing. I think an indicator
that communicates that the current rendering does not reflect the will
of either the user or the page designer could be valuable.

Tyler