Maintaining and monitoring context

Phillip wrote:
> OK here is a crazy idea I had in the meeting but did not flesh out
there
> since I wanted to avoid taking us off track.
>
> The use case Mike describes is really about preserving context across
> application context. At the moment this is done differently on each
> platform but in most cases the transfer of information essentially
boils
> down to a single URL.

I think it only makes sense to augment the information transfer if the
combined application context makes it possible to give the user
actionable advice. So if each application only posseses a subset of the
context needed to issue the actionable advice, then sharing context
information makes sense; otherwise, not so much.

> The handover message itself is simply a small chunk of XML:
>
> <CTX uri="http://www.verybadperson.com" xmlns="foobar">
>    <SMTP>
>        <DOMAIN sender="accounts@bizybank.com" authentic="unverified"/>
>        <HTML matcheduri="False"/>
>    </SMTP>
> </CTX>

In the above example, the email user agent seems to already have all the
context it needs to disable the received hyperlink and note it as
deceptive. What does the email client need to know that only the browser
knows? (I am assuming that the "matcheduri" attribute means the link
hypertext was a URL, different from that in the "href" attribute.)

Tyler