Re: control, data, users

Do we have user interface design or usability expertise in the group or
access to that expertise?  I agree that user acceptance and behavior are
difficult points for consensus.  I like Phillip's model and would
suggest it is a fine abstract model to be begin with.  That said, it is
a very CS-centric model (as much as I've tried, I still find it
difficult to model my Mom as a finite state machine.)  In my opinion,
there's still nothing that beats concrete user observation and feedback.

I also wonder if we have a concrete list of states/tasks/problems/UI
capabilities that we want to focus on first?  As immensely enjoyable as
abstract framework discussions can be, nothing generates shared
understanding faster than concrete problems.

--Brad