Re: Browser security warning

   I don't have a case for this because there is another, safer, way for
enterprises to be their own trust root without using self-signed certs (in
the sense that we were discussing them.)

   In the enterprise deployment case, the enterprise can forgo a public
certification authority by becoming its own organizational certification
authority and installing its own CA root on all of the machines within its
enterprise.  I don't think these are self-signed certs in the sense that we
were discussing them.

   The reason why enterprises shouldn't use self-signed certs seems crystal
clear to me---they'll be relying on users to differentiate the genuine from
the fraudulent by looking at the cert.