Re: Accessibility (was: Re: Integrating the chrome (Was: ACTION6: URL display as anti-pattern))

On 2006-12-05 10:58:58 +0000, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> Just a question: At what point do we have to start taking into
> account web accessibility requirements? I've no idea when that's
> handled during the "normal" design process, nor whether we've
> folks on board who know about this (I don't).

The earlier the better.  The later we take these into account, the
more pain we are going to experience at later stages of the process.

> Reason to ask: Considering accessibility might help us to keep
> the discussion abstract rather than dive into specific
> presentation details.

I could see us making recommendations that might be specific to a
particular mode of communication (visula presentation, audio
presentation, ... -- the former being more likely than the latter).