Re: extending SAWSDL for XML instance semantic models

Hi Carine,

There are times that could work but it is probably not general enough
for the people with whom I'm dealing.

As a first step, I want them to point to something that can have the
slightest resemblance to a semantic model.  I expect a Word document
capturing a data dictionary and the URI will be a metadata entry for
the document.  There won't be any links into the document.

I can see how what I want could be done with RDF, but at this point my
audience is focused on schemas and WSDLs, so SAWSDL comes to mind
because it tweaks what they already know about.

Ken

On Mar 14, 2009, at 6:49 AM, Carine Bournez wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 10:03:00AM -0400, Ken Laskey wrote:
>>
>> <lifecycleStatus>conceptual</lifecycleStatus>
>>
>> but I don't have an immediate way to tell someone what the semantic
>> model is that describes "conceptual".  I can't add conceptual as an
>> enumeration value in the lifecycle semantic model because not
>> everyone
>> will have a "conceptual" as a prescribed value and there will be lots
>> of other values defined over time.  I certainly don't want to revise
>> the lifecycle semantic model every time there is a new status
>> proposed.  That is where we are now and it is neither scalable nor
>> maintainable.
>

>> What I would like to have is a semantic model of each set of
>> lifecycle
>> values and then be able to create a mapping between them, and my
>> guess
>> is the lifecycleStatus semantic model would help me create the
>> mapping.
>
> Hi Ken,
> What about
> <lifecycleStatus>http://my.example.org/ontologies/foo/
> bar#conceptual</lifecycleStatus> ?

Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305      phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                         fax:       703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508