RE: propagation of values in the component model

Hi Jonathan,
in the email below, you raised the issue of whether SAWSDL should
propagate {model reference} from extended interfaces to the extending
one. We logged this as issue 8 in our issues list [1] and in our
resolution, we agreed that model reference propagation may not quite be
correct for interface extension. Therefore we resolved to remove this
propagation, and this is implemented in the editor's draft [2].

On a related topic, we have clarified in SAWSDL how model references and
schema mappings *are* propagated from type definitions to element
declarations (and attribute declarations) that use those types. Since
all the information is basically static in the descriptions, and because
element declarations only give concrete element names to types, it makes
sense to do the propagation in the component model, rather than to leave
it to the applications.

Please respond to this message on whether you find this resolution
satisfactory, so we can track your consent.

Thank you for spotting the problem,
Jacek

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/CR-20070126
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/spec/SAWSDL.html