RE: MOAP v2

Doug,

Thanks for the clarification. For #2, here is an example:

The endpoint has an "application WSDL" W1 that composes with WS-Eventing
which is defined by WSDL W2. To declare this relationship, the endpoint
attaches <wse:EventSource /> and <wse:SubscriptionManager /> to W1,
without any of the parameters. The endpoint also attaches the two
assertions with parameters to W2.

Q1: is the above setup supported?

According to the following paragraph in Section 9 of your proposal:

The WS-Eventing WSDL containing the operations indicated by the
EventSource or SubscriptionManager Assertion MAY be exposed by including
the WSDL as a child of the appropriate Policy assertion or by including
a reference to it using the mex:Location or mex:Reference element (as
described in WS-MetadataExchange [WS-MetadataExchange] Section 9).

In order to retrieve W2 using MEX, I can use

O1: GetMetadata(Dialect=" http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/",
identifier="target namespace of W2"),

and look at mex:Location for W2 in the response.

Q2: Is this understanding correct?

Q3: How would the client know "target namespace of W2" as it is not
declared in W1? Is there a one-to-one mapping from the policy assertions
to the target namespace?

The reason I ask the above two questions is because I couldn't find the
following MEX elements you cited in the proposal:

i) GetWSDL (a short-hand for O1?)

ii) mex:Reference (should be mex:MetadataReference?)

Li