RE: Interop scenarios readiness

Using one big scenario to do testing seems fine as long as it allows those who opt out of testing some of specifications to do so in a straight-forward manner such as making the specification features optional relative to the big scenario. Thanks.

From: Doug Davis [mailto:dug@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 12:37 PM
To: Ram Jeyaraman
Cc: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject: Re: Interop scenarios readiness

Ram,
  one of the things we talked about during the last call (which you were unable to attend) was the idea of creating one big scenario rather than many smaller ones.  Clearly it would need to have support for each spec defined as optional so that people could only support the ones they wanted,but for those that support more than one having a consolidated scenario will not only make their lives easier but it might also expose some potential composition bugs that we might otherwise miss.  Asir asked for some time to think about this - any news from your side?

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com<mailto:dug@us.ibm.com>

Ram Jeyaraman <Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com<mailto:Ram.Jeyaraman@microsoft.com>>
Sent by: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org<mailto:public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org>

12/03/2010 01:32 PM

"public-ws-resource-access@w3.org<mailto:public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>" <public-ws-resource-access@w3.org<mailto:public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>>

cc

Subject

Interop scenarios readiness

I suggest that we discuss and determine when we expect all the interoperation scenarios will be ready so that test implementation work can proceed. When interoperation scenarios will mature and be ready for test implementations to use is a critical factor in determining when we can do the testing/F2F. In order for us to do testing in mid-February as agreed, based on my estimate, we should have the interoperation scenarios ready no later than Dec  21st.

Does getting interoperation scenarios mature by Dec 21st seem a realistic possibility?

Thanks.