From: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org [mailto:public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Doug Davis
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:23 PM
To: public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Subject: issue 6712: updated proposal

Upon thinking about 6712, I don't think the flag to indicate that Body is the representation, or an instruction, needs to be anything more than a boolean.  Clearly if its the data itself then the service will know what to do - just store it.  If its an instruction then the QName of the Body element will convey the instruction's definition.  So, my new proposal is the same as the old one but with the "Dialect" attribute changed to "isRepresentation".

Proposal:
Add a 'isRepresentation' attribute that explicitly tells the service
whether or not the child of the Create element is the literal representation
of the resource or an instruction.

<wst:Create isRepresentation="xs:boolean"? ...>
  xs:any *
</wst:Create>

/wst:Create@isRepresentation
This OPTIONAL attribute, when present and set to 'true', indicates
that the child of this element is the initial representation of the
new resource. When present and set to 'false' this attribute indicates
that the child of this element is an instruction for how to create the
new resource. The default value for this attribute is 'true'.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com