RE: Existing Domain Assertion Languages

You might want to check out the following W3C and OASIS specs that make use of WS-Policy:

Web Services Addressing 1.0 - Metadata
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-ws-addr-metadata-20070202/

Web Services Reliable Messaging Policy Assertion (WS-RM Policy)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-rx/wsrmp/200608/wsrmp-1.1-rddl-200608.html

Web Services Atomic Transaction (WS-AtomicTransaction)
(see Section 4)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsat-1.1-spec-cs-03.pdf

Web Services Business Activity (WS-BusinessActivity)
(see Section 4)
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-tx/wstx-wsba-1.1-spec-pr-01.pdf

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada