Re: WS-Policy schema naming pattern

Thanks for the explanation, it does help...So the namespace will likely be changed by appending or replacing the version number at
the end of the namespace...

Cheers, Sergey

Case 1:

We do a minor revision (aka WS-Policy 1.6).  There might be no need to change the namespace if it was backwards compatible with the
WS-Policy 1.5 semantics.

Case 2:

We do a major revision (aka WS-Policy 2.0) and it is NOT backwards compatible with the WS-Policy 1.5 semantics.  In this case I
would imagine the new namespace might be http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy20

There are of course other scenarios but I think these are enough to answer your question.  Does this help?

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com