RE: WS-Policy schema naming pattern

Case 1:

We do a minor revision (aka WS-Policy 1.6).  There might be no need to change the namespace if it was backwards compatible with the WS-Policy 1.5 semantics.

Case 2:

We do a major revision (aka WS-Policy 2.0) and it is NOT backwards compatible with the WS-Policy 1.5 semantics.  In this case I would imagine the new namespace might be http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy20

There are of course other scenarios but I think these are enough to answer your question.  Does this help?

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com