	From: Sergey Beryozkin [mailto:sergey.beryozkin@iona.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, Oct 18, 2006 10:28 AM
	To: William Henry
	Cc: Frederick Hirsch; Yalcinalp, Umit; public-ws-policy@w3.org
	Subject: Re: NEW ISSUE: New Attribute keyword to identify
'local' policies #3721

	HI William

	"The idea of using this as a mechanism for providers to strip on
configuration information gets weaker - especially when making the above
argument.  "How do it know?" ;-) to strip or not to strip?

	That ideas was that wsp:local would provide a consistent
approach for providers to have a way of stripping out such local
policies before publishing. But how do you distinguish between those
that get stripped out and those that get advertised."

	Just don't put wsp:local on those assertions you want to make
visible to requesters.
	I think what you're talking about is very close to waht
Frederick suggests with a wsp:advisory <mailto:wsp@advisory>  attribute.
They mark assertions of interest to providers, clients might choose to
notice it or ignore it.

	So suppose we have wsp:advisory, I thinbk it would be a better
name then.
	And we also have wsp:optional which can be used to mark
assertions which a requester can choose to ignore.

	I think we'll have an overlap and more confusion as a result. I
think I like wsp:advisory, just feeling that if we adopt a new attribute
overlapping with wsp:optional then we'll have more complexity in the end

	I believe it will be simplier if a wording for wsp:optional is
updated given that wsp:optional is about assertions which are not
optional for a provider but optional for a requester to consume... .

	Cheers, Sergey