RE: Does the selected Policy alternative apply in both directions?

This depends on the subject you are attaching the policies to. I do not
expect the policy  affecting the messages in both directions if the
policy subject is message. If it is an endpoint, however, your
formulation would be the expectation.

> Is that right?

-- umit