RE: Question on who assigns actions to editors

I don't believe we should ever use approach 1 for work items related to individual issues since I don't believe the WG meetings should have to track the detailed work of the editors.

We may assign a WG action item to the Editors but when we do this it is usually when an unresolved issue is being assigned to the Editors for them to propose a solution.

There are also times that we will assign a WG action item to Editors when the WG needs to know when something significant like a new Editor's draft will be ready.

Today's WG meeting resolved issues 3723, 3752, 2753, 3602 and 3712.  I would expect that the Editors would automatically create an Editorial action item for each of these resolved issues.

I hope this helps.  Please let me know if you have any questions about the examples I used above.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com