Re: SOAP pattenrs vs. WSDL patterns

I'm still somewhat puzzled. (Although I think I agree.)

Let me try to paraphrase.

WSDL must support more than SOAP. So, at the interface level, we need to
use WSDL patterns, not SOAP MEPs. In bindings other than the SOAP
binding, we need to support MEPs other than the SOAP MEPs. In the SOAP
binding, of course, we need to support SOAP MEPs.

The MEPs used in a particular binding must be compatible with the WSDL
patterns used in the corresponding interface/operation.

Maybe this is more than paraphrasing; maybe the above are requirements.

Jean-Jacques.