RE: Editorial: Issue 177 Implementation

Thank you for considering my request.

Asir

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Marsh [mailto:jmarsh@microsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 2:04 PM
To: Asir Vedamuthu; public-ws-desc-comments@w3.org
Subject: RE: Editorial: Issue 177 Implementation

The Working Group resolved this issue (LC2 [1]) by accepting your
proposal [2] (below).  We will assume you accept this resolution if we
don't receive an explicit acknowledgement by 1 October.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/4/lc-issues/#LC2
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2004Aug/0006.html

On
> Behalf Of Asir Vedamuthu
> Sent: Monday, August 02, 2004 8:23 AM
> To: 'www-ws-desc@w3.org'
> Subject: Editorial: Issue 177 Implementation
>

> ref: issue 177 [1]
>
> On July 8th, we adopted [2] Jonathan's proposal [3]. I have one
editorial
> issue with 177 implementation.
>
> The types of the following properties in Part 3, SOAP Binding, are
defined
> using prose instead of wsdls:* types. I request the following
property-
> type
> associations,
>
> {soap underlying protocol}  => wsdls:anyURI
> SOAP Module.{uri}           => wsdls:anyURI
> SOAP Module.{required}      => wsdls:boolean
> {soap fault code}           => wsdls:QName
> {soap fault subcodes}       => list of wsdls:QName
> {soap mep}                  => wsdls:anyURI
> {soap action}               => wsdls:anyURI
>
> Rationale
>
> (a) Consistent with Part 1 and HTTP Binding
> (b) Otherwise, we will be using two similar types (xs:QName vs.
> wsdls:QName)
> in the component model
> (c) Equivalence in Part 1 is defined using wsdl simple types
> (d) Part 3 is refuting Part 1 claim, "The component model uses a small
set
> of predefined simple types, such as boolean, string, token. In order
> avoid introducing a dependency on any particular serialization of the
> component model, this specification provides its own definition of
those
> types" [5]
>
> [1]
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-