Re: Exchange type issue

Not sure I follow what you are saying Monica. I am not saying that we
cannot model it with existing MEP's. Rather I am saying it is better
to make a notification explicit. Therefore to do this we need to
distinguish between a response that is paired with a request as
opposed to a response that is not. The latter would be a
notification. By making it explicit, which does not change the
semantics nor does it require new MEP's, we simply make it clear. One
of the profound benefits of WS-CDL descriptions is the clarity they
bring by describing the interactions. Currently interactions do not
explicit denote a notification. Rather they enable the description to
use a response. This is not really correct because it is not a
response. A response is a response to something. A notification is
different in terms of how it may be understood. The semantics (that
that is observable) are identical. So we need some way of making it
clear that our "response" is not a mistake. Having an explicit
support for notification would ensure clarity. That is all I am after
from this.

Cheers

Steve T