Re: WS-CDL and (polyadic) Pi-Calculus

Dear Paul,

> In answering that question I am trying to analyze the concrete
> relationship of WS-CDL and Pi, ie what concepts in WS-CDL come from
> Pi.

there is a concrete relationship between WS-CDL and the pi-calculus
indeed. WS-CDL was designed based on some features of the pi
calculus, e.g. parallel composition, choice and, of course, channel
passing. This does NOT imply that they are the same or that WS-CDL is
an extension of the pi calculus. As you noticed, WS-CDL is
communication-centered, instead the pi-calculus is based on
communication among peers (pi processes). An accurate analysis of the
relationship is to come soon in Q22006 as mentioned by Steve (that
would be part II of [3]). Meanwhile you can take a look at [3] where
the connection between pi and CDL is discussed through examples.

Best,
Marco

Marco Carbone

Dept. of Computer Science