Re: Changing a choreography or a participant Web Services

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Steve Ross-Talbot wrote:

> What happens if a community designs a choreography put it into
> productions having generated all the necessary Web Services skeletons
> and then later on someone changes their Web Service (maybe changing a
> timeout from 2 to 3 minutes) and their CDL file?

Is that a question about versionning or about runtime validation based on
CDL retreival of all participating sub-choreographies?
It may be possible to describe relationship between v1 and v2 of a
service (if you think of inheritance in the OO-World). However, expressing
all the small differences that may not matter for the semantic of the
service, but may have impact the way the choreography is built is far
beyond what is possible. So in that case I would say that the only viable
option is to flag it as an error and restart the building process of the
choreography.
It may imply running through another automatic composition/validation
phase or involve human to actually verify that the change is not causing
any trouble, but solving that issue in the general case is just not
possible.

Also I would note that there is no consensus yet on the way to express
versionning of a service in WSDL...

--
Yves Lafon - W3C