Re: Conversations and choreography (was RE: Definition of Terms)

Assaf:

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 03:07  PM, Assaf Arkin wrote:

> Edwin Khodabakchian wrote:
>
>> Assaf

<snip/>

>> It seems to me that you are introducing the term choreography and
>> conversation to address the problem of recursive composition (or lack
>> of
>> it).
>>
> At this level I'm only discussing composition. There's nothing
> recursive about it.
>
> If you describe X as sending, Y as receiving, and X+Y as choreography
> that's a composition. If you describe conversation X, conversation Y,
> and interleaving of X, Y as choreography that's also a composition. At
> this level there is no recursion.

A composition is not the same thing as a choreography! At least, from
my POV, a composite service is a service (i.e., can participate in
choreographies); and it has an internal structure that is `visible' in
some sense.

Frank