From: Jean-Jacques Dubray [mailto:jjd@eigner.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 1:45 PM
To: 'Burdett, David'
Cc: public-ws-chor@w3.org
Subject: RE: Definition of Terms

David:

Even though all the names make the spec more poetic, I think ultimately
it also makes it less readable. I am personally in favor of using full
names for the concept (e.g. collaboration, orchestration and then
proceed via fully qualified concepts: collaboration definition,
collaboration instance, collaboration instance history. The can also use
TLAs, such as CD, CI, OD, OI, ... where appropriate.

I am suggesting this because otherwise we need a full name for the
concept, its definition, its instances, ... some concept might even have
a third level: such as "concept type usage". For instance in BPSS a
usage of a concept type is called an activity (Business Transaction ->
Business Transaction Activity).

Look at how much confusion there is already between orchestration and
choreography!

JJ-