Re: message formats and bindings (was MEPs).

Jean-Jacques Dubray wrote:
> Jon:
>
> It would be nice even if these bindings are not part of the spec, that
> the spec is layered in such a way that these bindings can be added via
> extensibility mechanisms.

I wasn't suggesting (nor was anyone, I think) that ebXML or RosettaNet
bindings be included. But if you take a sufficiently abstract approach
to specifying message exchange, and avoid restricting message contents
to SOAP (for example), then using WS-Choreography with a variety of
message formats would be possible. Cf. David Burdett's message asking
for "detailed message format independence"
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-chor/2003Mar/0084.html).
Although I am not sure he was envisioning things like ebXML signals.

--Jon