RE: General Choreography and Bi-lateral Choreography

I agree with the view that concentrating on the bilateral case will be
helpful.

One test against the utility of "general" choreography is to consider
the case where some of the communication is not web-services
(effectively, not usefully represented in wsdl).  Take the use case
Ricky started with , of buyer - seller -shipper.  If the seller-shipper
communcations were by phone/fax, or legacy edifact, the buyer-seller and
buyer-shipper conversations could well be exactly the same.  So the
Choreography description as known and used by the buyer need not (and
indeed should not) be dependent on how the other two talk to each other.

Even the linkage between the conversations involving a single party is
rather limited. Much of it is kind of "typed reference" to another
service - if the buyer tells the seller the address of the buyers ws
that will be used by the shipper, then, if we have good bilateral
choreography descriptions, that passed address (uri) might be typed by
the appropriate description. And there is likely some data field passed
as well, so the buyer knows which incoming shipment corresponds to which
order. But again, that's fairly weak linkage.

one further comment inline