Re: Simple Choreography composition suggestion

Ugo Corda wrote:

>>A choreography as I understand if is a Web service only if it has an
>>entry point that is used by someone outside the choreography to start
>>it. If the choreography starts when A sends a message to B (A and B
>>being roles covered by the choreography), then it's not a Web service.
>>But if the choreography starts by someone sending a message to A, where
>>that role is not otherwise covered by the choreography, then that
>>choreography is a Web service. It has an externally accessible entry
>>point, or any other term we may opt to use.
>>
>>Since it's a Web service, it can further be used in a larger
>>choreography that may or may not be a Web service. Such a choreography
>>would cover that additional role that starts the Web service choreography.
>>

>Yes, that's basically the point I was making with my BPEL example.
>
>It seems to me that, since choreographies are "made" of Web services, establishing this relationship between a choreography and the Web service that "encapsulates" that same choreography (if any) would provide a way of talking about choreographies composition.

That's one way of composition, but I'm not sure why it would be
interesting. I mean, I can't think of this use case as something that
would require yet another mechanism to describe it, given that you
already have a language for expressing the process definition.

arkin