RE: Simple Choreography composition suggestion

Fred,

The point I was making is that some of the web services in a choreography (whose mutual relationships are defined by the choreography itself, as you say) might be "exploded" to reveal an internal behavior that can also be described via a choreography.

In the BPEL example I mentioned, we can initially think that there is only a Purchaser interacting with a Purchase Order process. A choreography - let's say choreography A - describes their interactions.

But if we look inside the Purchase Order web service we find out that it in turn interacts with other web services: Invoice, Scheduling and Shipping. The interactions among these four web services can also be described by a choreography - let's call it choreography B. (It just happens that in my specific example the Purchase Order web service is realized by a BPEL process, but this should not matter for this particular discussion).

So now I have two choreographies, and choreography A interacts with choreography B via a web service interface (the purchaseOrder portType - whose messages, as Arkin says, "start" choreography B).

My point is that the overall interactions of all five web services (Purchaser, Purchase Order, Invoice, Scheduling and Shipping) can also be described by a choreography (let's call it choreography C). So choreography C can be seen as composed of choreographies A and B, where the point of communication between A and B is a particular portType on the Purchase Order web service (web service which, from the point of view I described, can be seen as "encapsulating" choreography B).

Ugo