Re: Simple Choreography composition suggestion

On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 11:57  PM, Champion, Mike wrote:

> [...]

I'd urge caution whenever you use the terms "global" and "state" in the
same phrase.  If you're talking about modelling then it's probably OK,
but run-time state shared between participants connected via the
Internet is a recipe for software that will never perform or scale.
Consider for example that Sun recommends not using Jini outside a LAN
environment because the synchronisation requirements of the tuple space
(shared state) kill performance and reliability.

There are co-ordination approaches that can operate on a local, partial
view of the process state.  HP have done this in their labs with some
of their workflow tools.  My PhD thesis provides another solution.

Ciao,

AndyB