Re: Dubray paper comments + questions

From: Jon Dart <jdart@tibco.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 13:49:13 -0800
To: Assaf Arkin <arkin@intalio.com>
Cc: bhaugen <linkage@interaccess.com>, public-ws-chor@w3.org

Assaf Arkin wrote:
> For me it's appealing to have a language that can describe the choreography
> of services and be part of the WS SOA. It's also appealing to have a
> language that described pre-negotiated business collaborations. And it's
> even more appealing if the service interaction resulting from a combination
> of BPSS, RSS, CPA negotiation, etc could be described in terms of a service
> choreography.

I'm all for generality if it doesn't have an unacceptably high cost in
terms of complexity. But I'm afraid it will have a high cost, if we set
out to build a framework in which to model every possible form of
interaction. So I am concerned about scope creep. I also don't want to
duplicate what ws-arch is doing, namely, defining what constitutes a SOA
at a very high level of abstraction.