RE: Dubray paper comments + questions

I think that what Assaf is expressing is that BPSS and the paper I
published on ebPML.org describe message exchange with no specific point
of view (from a party perspective), therefore appearing to be at the
"center". Because these approaches are point of view neutral, they do
not suffer from the same "centricity" syndrome that characterize
BPEL4WS, BPML or even WSCI. In BPEL4WS one describe a collaboration by
specifying the message exchanges from his/her point of view. Of course
the other business partners have to have a mirror definition such that
it works. As I said earlier, WSCI offers a little more flexibility via
the "global model" concept borrowed from WSFL, but in essence WSCI does
exactly like BPEL4WS, it forces each party to describe the collaboration
from his/her point of view.

So instead of introducing this notion of "centralized sequence of
exchange" I think it is fair to say that BPSS offers a "neutral" view of
the choreography while BPEL/BPML and WSCI offers and "interface-bound"
or "party-specific" view of the collaboration.

In all cases, the goal is more or less to achieve state alignment
between collaborating parties.

JJ-