RE: Dubray paper comments + questions

That of course depends on what you mean by BPEL4WS. Are you talking about
the orcherstration part? I believe JJ will confirm that BPEL4WS could be
used for the orchestration part, but then I guess his intention is to allow
any number of implementations (BPEL, BPML, Java, C++, etc).

If you are talking about the choreography part then there's some mismatch
between the model used by BPEL4WS (and also other specs) and JJ's proposal
(and also BPSS).

BPEL4WS, BPML, WSCI, etc are based on processes defined for each
communicating agent, dating back to the model proposed in CSP and later
refined in pi-calculus and other works in that space. BPSS and EBPML prefer
to express processes as a centralized sequence of exchanges and then each
agent has to derive its process by extracting all activities related to some
role.

I think there's conversion from one to the other, but I don't have evidence
that you can move from the CSP model to the centralized one and back without
losing some information.

arkin