From: Patil, Sanjaykumar [mailto:sanjay.patil@iona.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 1:59 PM
To: Burdett, David; WS Choreography (E-mail)
Subject: RE: More use cases

David, if the order submission process and the order status query process
are part of the same larger choreography, then  the dependency issue
disappears.

With separate choreographies for the two processes, the state connecting the
two choreographies has to be maintained outside of the choreography.

The question now is - whether the choreography language should support
references to such external state (perhaps in the form of a language to
specify preconditions, post conditions, etc).

The alternative may be to simply require that the related choreographies
should always be defined under a larger umbrella choreography, such that the
dependency state management naturally falls within the scope of
choreography.

Some of the above may sound like jumping into the solution. However, I am
trying to understand myself whether the use case is within our scope at all.

Sanjay Patil
Distinguished Engineer
sanjay.patil@iona.com
IONA Technologies