Re: Additional scenarios

On Jul 8, 2005, at 8:26 PM, David Orchard wrote:
> I heard a request for 2 scenarios to be added to the async
> scenarios document [1], the "redirect" of POST for the Response,
> and the cell phone case where the first http message is a
> "GETRequest" returning the actual request, then the next message is
> the response.
>

> Now, there are 2 scenarios that are in there that I think do
> exactly these, the "polling" and the "protocol response contains
> request".  I asked a number of questions in those scenarios and
> didn’t get any responses.

The "Polling" section (which I assume is the one intended to cover
the POST redirect I sketched out[2]) is completely empty unless I'm
looking at the wrong version. Also I wouldn't categorize this as a
"Complex Scenario", its just HTTP operating as HTTP specifies.

Marc.

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-async-tf/2005Feb/
0005.html

> Could somebody tell me where the existing scenarios document falls
> short?  And also if these scenarios are so important that they have
> to be included, why there hasn't been any comments on them or
> answers to the asked questions?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Dave
>

> [1] http://www.pacificspirit.com/Authoring/async/async-scenarios.html

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.