RE: CR33: Just wondering - Does anyone actually need wsaw:anonymous in WSDL?

Hi Tony,

The question that I'm raising is:
Do any implementations require the ability to specify partial endpoint
support *via a WSDL marker*?

If the answer is no, then the problem of CR 33 remains if we need to
support this in the form of policy.  Assuming that we *do* require policy
support, it's then being solved in fewer places which must be good for
both spec and implementations.

There's less of a problem with the fault solution because the endpoint
could just return a fault like "response EPR URI unsupported fault"
specifying the URI.   I doubt that we'll need to worry about the fault
solution anyhow.  If folk need this, policy is probably a better bet.

thanks
Katy

"Rogers, Tony" <>
Sent by: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
14/09/2006 14:56

Katy Warr/UK/IBM@IBMGB, <public-ws-addressing@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: CR33: Just wondering - Does anyone actually need wsaw:anonymous in
WSDL?

That's an interesting question, Katy.

If we do drop wsaw:Anonymous, does the problem go away?

Or does it result in "non-anon not supported" exceptions being thrown when
the WS-RM anon addresses are provided?

Tony Rogers
CA, Inc
Senior Architect, Development