Re: Policy assertions for CR33

At the end of yesterdays call I suggested renaming the proposed
assertions to align them with terminology already in the spec. Here
are some suggested names:

Option 1:

<wsaw:WSASupported/>
<wsaw:WSAAnonymousResponses/>
<wsaw:WSANonAnonymousResponses/>

Option 2:

<wsaw:AnonymousResponsesOnly/>
<wsaw:NonAnonymousResponsesOnly/>

Thanks,
Marc.

On Oct 22, 2006, at 1:44 PM, Francisco Curbera wrote:

> Anish and I agreed to formulate a proposal for a policy assertion
> replacement to the wsaw:Anonymous marker. I think this matches
> option A6 in the latest mail from Bob listing the options.
>
> There are two options proposed below, and we suggest we accept
> Option 1 because it is simpler to use and harder to misconfigure.
> They are otherwise similar in their approach. In both cases, there
> is a configuration corresponding to unconstrained WSA behavior,
> plus two additional configurations in which the use of the
> backchannel is either mandated or prohibited for responses.
> Constrained configurations can only be specified for transports
> where a backchannel is available as an alternative. The names of
> the assertions are of course mildly irrelevant here, as long as
> they convey the correct meaning. One more point: these proposals
> assume no specific implementation of the represented behavior
> (which we think is the right thing to do, as long as it is clear
> that they are implementable).
>
> Option 1: Introduce three independent policy assertions with the
> meaning "full WSA support", "WSA supported with responses over
> backchannel only" and "WSA supported with responses over new
> connection only". wsaw:UsingAddressing is not necessary in this
> case and is therefore eliminated.
>
> <wsaw:WSASupported/>
> <wsaw:WSAResponseOverBackChannel/>
> <wsaw:WSAResponseOverNewConnection/>
>
> Option 2: Keep wsaw:UsingAddressing and add two policy assertions
> that qualify WSA support wrt the use of the backchannel:
>
> <wsaw:ResponsesOverBackchannelOnly/>
> <wsaw:ResponsesOverNewConnectionOnly/>
>
> If only wsaw:UsingAddressing is used, then unrestricted WSA support
> is assumed. If in addition to wsaw:UsingAddressing one of the
> assertions above is used, then WSA behavior is accordingly limited
> for response messages. In this case, using any of the Response*
> policy assertions requires using the wsaw:UsingPolicy marker as well.
>

> Paco and Anish

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.