Re: What problem are we trying to solve?

On Oct 5, 2006, at 6:56 PM, Doug Davis wrote:

> Nope not in the slightest :-)
> The replyTo on the application message is treated just like any other
> replyTo - its where replies go.
>
> To "select which 'pending'" messages, there's a wsrm:Address field
> as a child of the MakeConnection element, which goes in the Body.

In that case why doesn't RM just use the WS-A defined anonymous URI
for the ReplyTo ? Use of the HTTP response already provides the
correlation you need to tie the response to the wrm:Address you
supply in the request. If that isn't sufficient then RM could mandate
an additional SOAP header in the response that echos the value back.

Marc.

> Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
> Sent by: Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM
> 10/05/2006 02:35 PM

> Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
> cc
> Bob Freund <bob@freunds.com>, "[WS-A]" <public-ws-
> addressing@w3.org>, public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
> Subject
> Re: What problem are we trying to solve?
>

> On Oct 4, 2006, at 2:43 AM, Doug Davis wrote:
> >
> > > More than that, some folks have said that this synonym overloads
> > > replyTo and defines semantics associated with a definition of this
> > > uri that only RM will understand.
> >
> > It doesn't overload ReplyTo any more than switching from
> > http://www.cnn.com   to  smtp://cnn.com   overloads it.
> > There are transport level semantics associated with each URI
> > that relate to how the message is transferred from one endpoint
> > to the other. The semantics of ReplyTo are totally unchanged when
> > the RM anon URI is used.  It still means it contains the EPR of
> > the destination endpoint for replies.
> >
> Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that the value of the ReplyTo/
> Address was used by RM to select which "pending" reply messages
> should be sent, not just where they are sent. AIUI, this is the
> overloading being referred to.
>
> Marc.
>
> ---
> Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
> Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.

---