RE: New Issue: Migration of @Action from WS-A 200408 to WS-A 1.0 [i064]

Per our AI from the FTF, Hugo, Anish, and I have agreed on updated
language for the i064 proposal:

Appendix XX: Compatibility of [action] with previous versions of
WS-Addressing (non-normative)

This section describes strategies for choosing [action] values
consistent between this specification and the WS-Addressing Member
Submission published 10 August 2004 (hereafter called "2004-08").  The
wsa200408 namespace prefix below refers to the
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing
<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing> " namespace defined
in the 2004-08 version.

The WS-Addressing 1.0 [action] property, which identifies the semantics
implied by a message, is semantically equivalent to the [action] message
information header defined in the 2004-08 version.  Authors are
therefore advised to use the same value for 1.0 [action] and 2004-08
[action].

However, when describing services in WSDL, the namespace of the Action
attribute used to associate values with WSDL operations differs in the
two versions (wsaw:Action versus wsa200408:Action), and the default
action pattern in WS-Addressing 1.0 differs in two respects from that in
the 2004-08 version: the [delimiter] can be either "/" or ":" in 1.0
while in 2004-08 it is always "/", and the default action pattern for
faults is closer to that of other messages instead of a constant URI.

If a default action pattern is desired, this specification recommends
the 1.0 default action pattern.  The 200408 [action] can be made
consistent with the 1.0 default by:

1.	specifying wsa200408:Action explicitly when the targetNamespace
is a URN, and
2.	specifying wsa200408:Action explicitly when the message is a
fault.

If the targetNamespace is a URN, it is not advisable to use the 2004-08
default action pattern, as it leads to malformed IRIs.  If the
targetNamespace is not a URN, and the 2004-08 default action pattern is
in use, the 1.0 [action] value can be made consistent by:

1.	specifying wsaw:Action explicitly when the message is a fault.