Re: Issue LC90

Again, my understanding is that you filter our replay attacks before you do
anything else, including RM.

Paco

                      David Hull
                      <dmh@tibco.com>          To:       Francisco Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
                                               cc:       public-ws-addressing@w3.org
                      06/27/2005 03:20         Subject:  Re: Issue LC90
                      PM

Francisco Curbera wrote:

>This is a composability issue. My understanding is that typically the
>timestamp would protect the RM headers as well, so they will be different
>in a retransmission.

So, in this case, what should the security layer look at?

Curbera/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
public-ws-addressing@w3.org
>                      06/27/2005 02:03         Subject:  Re: Issue LC90

>                      PM

>If a message is retransmitted for reliability purposes, the payload (that
>is, the message the reliability layer thinks it's sending) will be
>retransmitted verbatim.  The [message id] is part of this, so it will be
>the same in both versions, just as the other WSA headers will be, and the
>body for that matter.  There will be no part of the message payload that
>could be used to tell if the message is a replay or a retransmission.
This