Re: Another go at lc75 and lc88 language (correction)

Comments below

Savas Parastatidis wrote:

><snip />
>

>>>If we did this change, the relibility specs might utilize ws
>>>

>addressing
>

>>>message Id when present in a message.
>>>

>>And they wouldn't if we didn't?  Why?

I guess I should clarify that I am thinking of an evolution of
reliability specs being able to use the ws addressing message Id.

What Savas suggests would not work for reliability
, if each message had a unique uri for message Id, the the reliability
specs would have to use
their own {globalSequenceID, SequenceNumber} pair.  WS RM currently has
its own sequenceId, Sequence number pair put on
each message, regardless of what messageID exits for ws addressing.

Several people have suggested that generating a global uri for each
message may have scalablity problems.

Perhaps I am mistaken, in trying to make wsa:messageID usefule for
reliabiltity specs.

Tom Rutt

>Further to Rich's question...
>
>What if another spec has a similar but not identical requirement? Shall
>the WS-Addressing spec be changed to accommodate that requirement?
>
>Why couldn't the reliability spec say something like "we use the message
>identity from WS-Addressing and we introduce this additional SOAP header
>to capture the index"? Much cleaner approach me thinks.
>
>Best regards,
>.savas.

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133