Re: Action without UsingAddressing

Arun Gupta wrote:
> In that case two WSDL processors can process the same WSDL differently.
> For instance, one WSDL processor may ignore wsaw:Action and the other
> processor may use it for sending SOAP messages. Is that an acceptable
> behavior ?

I would think so. The WSDL spec does not say whether attribute
extensions are mandatory or not.

This is no different than having wsa:UsingAddressing element with a
wsdl:required='false'. In such a case, WSDL processor A may choose to
engage WS-Addressing and WSDL processor B may not choose to engage
WS-Addressing. Which is fine, since the service advertised it as so.

> Since wsaw:UsingAddressing is the normative way to define the intent to
> conform to WS-Addressing, I think we need to define a consistent
> behavior in the WSDL binding to that effect. Basically stating that
> wsaw:Action on an operation need to be processed only if
> wsaw:UsingAddressing exists. Is that too strong a statement ?

I think it is too strong a statement. It is possible that WS-Addressing
is engaged even if wsa:UsingAddressing is not specified in WSDL. One way
this may happen is (as Umit mentions in her email) through policies.