RE: NEW ISSUE: EPR comparison rule doesn't support Web services gateways/routers

Paco,
I don't fully understand the logic of your discussion here.

If I correctly understand what the old sec. 2.3 said, it stated that if
two EPRs have the same address and the same refProps, then the two EPRs
also have the same metadata, regardless of the fact the ref parameters
might be different.

After dropping refProps, the previous statement should remain valid,
provided you fix the "if" part, i.e. "if two EPRs have the same address,
then the two EPRs also have the same metadata". In other words,
different values of reference parameters cannot justify differences in
metadata (same as before).

It seems to me that what you are proposing is not just the elimination
of sec. 2.3, but a change in the semantics of reference parameters.
Everything else being equal, reference parameters would now have an
effect on metadata, while before they didn't. Am I missing something?

Ugo