Re: NEW ISSUE: EPR comparison rule doesn't support Web services gateways/routers

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 02:28:53PM -0500, Francisco Curbera wrote:
> The text now states that two EPRs with the same URL and different ref.
> params. have the same metadata. This leaves out an important use case of
> Web service gateways/routers which is one of the most pervasive Web
> services products in the industry. In a gateway architecture we encounter
> situations where a single external address (http, smtp, message queue o
> whatever) front ends a variety of services deployed inside the enterprise.

Do you mean URIs like http://backend.userland.com/rpc?  Or are you
referring to a fan-out style service where, for example, some RSS can be
POSTed to a URI, and it gets disseminated to a bunch of subscribers to
that URI?

If the latter, ok, but then the services at the other end would have
the same WSDL and the same policies, so that should be ok, right?

If the former, then I accept that this is done, but so are a lot of
other things that one would call "bad practice".  Specifically, if the
message was really intended to be sent to somewhere else down the line,
then that's where it should be addressed.  If this isn't a gateway
scenario, and instead an intermediary scenario, then routing could be
used to route to the intended destination via the intermediary.  Am I
missing something?

Mark.