Re: Issue #1 proposed resolution

I was responding to the question by Savas on the difficulty of
distributing such a large number of EPRs.  If the reference
parameters are supposed to be Opaque, the client is not supposed to be
able to "figure out" the reference scheme in use,
thus they would see it as 40000 independent EPRs.

Actually this discussion might be better to continue on the WS-RF TC list.

Tom Rutt
Fujitsu

Mark Baker wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:43:25AM +1100, Tom Rutt wrote:
>

>>However this would entail 40000 EPRs for that machine room.
>>
>>With such large numbers, this flexibility is probably not worth the high
>>price of so many EPRs.
>>

>Can you explain where this high price comes from?  I can't see it.
>I'd much rather have references to these things that I could pass
>around to many different types of applications, rather than a private
>identification scheme (<row>33</row>) known only to this one app.
>
>Mark.

Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133