Re: Issue #1 proposed resolution

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 06:51:59PM -0800, David Orchard wrote:
> EPRs aren't defined to be identifiers.  An EPR may contain identifiers,
> but it may contain state.  Therefore, there's no conflict with EPRs (as
> a class) as they stand with advice to use URIs for identifiers.

This is very encouraging, and if that were the case I agree that there
would be no issue.  But for this;

"A reference may contain a number of individual properties that are
required to identify the entity or resource being conveyed."
 -- http://www.w3.org/Submission/2004/SUBM-ws-addressing-20040810/#_Toc77464317

Your RefProp example in your initial post didn't use them as identifiers
though; it used them as RefParams in fact.  So I'll go out on a limb and
ask; would you be content with removing RefProps?  Alternately, would
you be content with saying that RefProps shouldn't be used for
identification?  (though I guess you'd then have to distinguish them
from RefParams, but perhaps you have some ideas about that).

It sounds like we're pretty close here.

Mark.