Re: Thoughts on TAG issue EndpointsRef47

paul.downey@bt.com wrote:

>>Would you say the mapping from a logical wsa:to element to the way the
>>message is transported is part of ws-addressing?
>>If not, where is this mapping specified?
>>

>somewhere else above and beyond this spec.
>
>i think there may indeed be systems which accept EPRs from unknown parties
>and blindly send a reply, and that's fine.

Well, what if the publisher of the epr wants to but the actual http url
as the wsa:to address.  How is this usage distinguished by the more
abstract "logical" address use case you are championing.

Perhaps we need a "choice" element to distinguish the two use cases.
There will be many epr
publishers which want to put a url to direct the http request to in the
wsa:to field.

Tom Rutt
Fujitsu

>*but* many async scenarios involve some out of band negotialtion before the
>messaging occurs. A sender may elect to only send messages to parties
>known and use configuration to decide upon the actual means of transport.
>
>my company is keen to ensure that it's possible to build both styles of
>architecture with this low-level component.
>
>Paul

Tom Rutt email: tom@coastin.com; trutt@us.fujitsu.com
Tel: +1 732 801 5744          Fax: +1 732 774 5133