RE: Issue i020, subissue iv

See below...

"Describes", not "defines".

> which a particular service is available.
>
> Clearly (at least to me), there are instances where they mean the same
> thing, but it is also possible that they mean quite different things.
> For example, an EPR may contain the value of [address] which is a URN
> and also contains a [service endpoint] (without a designated port).
> Such
> a [service endpoint] may in fact contain multiple ports (or WSDL 2.0
> endpoints). Such an EPR would not be confined to a single WSDL 2.0
> endpoint.

Sorry, I'm missing something.  Are you suggesting that leaving off the
optional @EndpointName implies that the EPR refers simultaneously to
multiple endpoints?

> Given that most folks who read WSDL 2.0 will also read WS-Addressing
> (and vice versa), the use of the same term with different meaning is a
> source of confusion. I would like to suggest that we add wordings that
> point out that an endpoint component in WSDL 2.0 and an endpoint that
> is
> referenced by an EPR can be different beasts.
>
> Comments?

It seems to me that an endpoint is what it is.  It can be described to a
certain level of fidelity with a WSDL Endpoint component, and it can be
referenced by an EPR which also carries certain level of additional
information or metadata.  Are simply you suggesting stating that a Web
service endpoint consists of a set of semantics and behaviors, some of
which cannot currently be described by WSDL or by any metadata embedded
in an EPR?