RE: Amended proposal for i059

David,

We need to approach this from the perspective of problem solving. You
seem to be changing the doc so that SOAP 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 have equal
footing.

(a) I like that you are more inclusive about response endpoints and they
should be extended to other response endpoints, to cover acks to help
other specifications. This is aligned with the CR issue we result wrt
the definition of anonymous in the SOAP binding.

(b) I do not follow why we need yet another definition of anonymous
address here in Section 3.1.2. We already have the definition which we
tinkered with in the SOAP binding document. I really can not follow what
it adds in the WSDL document as stated.

The last paragraph of this section, however, is in the right direction.

(c) You changed the slant by adding Section 3.1.2.1 which de-couples of
the usage of the "Anonymous" marker and coupling it with the usage of
"anonymous" on the wire.

I think first the wg has to decide whether the semantics of the binding
is with the extension and whether it is coupled with the WSDL document
as an extension or it is defined in the SOAP binding.

This change presupposes that we actually move this section to the SOAP
binding document. If we were to do this, the writeup would make more
sense  as it talks about the behaviour from the perspective of the
presence of the anonymous addresses on the wire (to be added to SOAP
binding document) and then relating the semantics of the markup
<Anonymous> to constrain the behaviour (in WSDL binding document),

For example:

{When the anonymous address is used, the outbound message MUST be sent
over the same HTTP connection as the inbound message}.

What does this usage apply to? What happens if the Anonymous marker was
"prohibited" in WSDL?

I really think that we should first answer the where the SOAP binding
extension goes before we go there...

Thanks,

--umit