RE: i0001: EPRs as identifiers (why XML?)

Jim wrote:

> services exist independent of whether or not there is any
> WSDL description of them (and in some cases in spite of!).

+1, but as i'm sure you realise that's not the opinion of some here who
(AIUI) want an EPR to unambiguously point back to a WSDL description.

> Actually while I'm on the subject: why does WSDL keep cropping up
> in this WG? Addresses and interfaces are chalk and cheese.

well, we are chartered to deliver WSDL 1.1 and WSDL 2.0 bindings ..

> The sexy bit of WS-Addressing is that it makes SOAP transport
> neutral (yay!).

yay! let's reinvent the whole 7 layer model in XML in layer 7 :-|

Paul