From: Martin Gudgin [mailto:mgudgin@microsoft.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 5:15 AM
To: Vinoski, Stephen; Bergersen, Rebecca; public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Cc: Newcomer, Eric
Subject: RE: WS-A Issue 28 - Multiple ports needed in an EPR

Steve,

I didn't mean to imply that all services would only be accessible via a single mechanism, just that if I only tell you about one mechanism then you only have that one mechanism. If my service is available via multiple mechanisms I might indicate that by giving you multiple EPRs. That said, I'm unconvinced that just because I'm available over SMTP and HTTP that I'd actually provide two addresses. Whether I send a letter via Royal Mail or FedEx I write the same address on the envelope.

And I often wish I had multiple different business cards. One of which would ONLY have my home page on it, because I don't *ALWAYS* want to give someone my phone number.

Gudge (off to order a several sets of business cards)

  _____