RE: Mandator wsa:Action (was Re: WS-Addr issues)

But you are in a working group whose starting point is WS-Addressing,
just as the XMLP WG started with SOAP 1.1. If something in WS-Addressing
is broken, we should fix it. Otherwise, I'd rather move forward given
our timetable.

> I want a WS-Addressing standard as quickly as possible for a
> number of
> reasons: product related as well as other standard/specification
> related. So it's not in my interest to see this drag on and on.

Great.

> However, what those vendors who weren't involved in the
> original closed
> and proprietary specification development do have, is experience that
> perhaps the other vendors don't have. I hope that you and
> others would
> treat that with the same level of respect as you would give to each
> other - on it's merits, rather than on who the individual(s) work for.
>

> > By retaining the status quo of Mandatory Action, all WS-A processors
> > have certainty about it's presence.
> >
> > Certainty has often led to accrued benefits.  An example
> that I love is
> > the certainty of the Java Class libraries was a key reason
> that people
> > switched from various flavours of Unix C++ to Java.
> >
> > There's also an old standards saw, which is that there
> should be as few
> > optional components as possible.  There's a reason why that
> saw exists,
> > to minimize interop problems.
>
> There's also the old proverb about the Emperor's New Clothes.

I thought it was a fairy-tale... ;-)

Gudge